Friday, 21 September 2012

Italian Armours and Deliveries From the Posty


The good news for today is that my order from the Perry's arrived....

1/ Stradiottoi Command
2/ Stradiottoi x2
3/ Italian Crossbows x2
4/Italian command x2
5/ Italian Heads
6/ Marching Liveried Billmen x2 (For WoR Tewkesbury)
7/ Marching Liveried Bowmen x2 (For WoR Tewkesbury)
8/ Plastic Horse Sprues x2

Quite  a little horde and that brings me up to date with all that I want thus far.

ARMOURS

I've been skimming the net for typical Italian suits of White Harness circa 1495 (Ah ha! White Harness! That's the name my Wars of the Roses Blog needs!) and I've managed to come up with a few usefull pics but to be honest it wasn't really anything that I didn't already know. So, the call goes out to anyone who can provide me with links, books, references of any kind really that are a little outside the box, something that I may not have read about/seen...... any help will of course be very much appreciated!





Very Interesting Suite Indeed!




4 comments:

  1. Site with some very nice looking reproduction pieces:

    Gallery:
    http://www.whiterosearmoury.com/gal_bplates.html

    Home:
    http://www.whiterosearmoury.com/

    And Graham Turner's personal site:
    http://www.studio88.co.uk/acatalog/Historical.html

    Regards,
    Matt

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt.

      I'm very familiar with Graham Turner's work- I'm often found pouring over his pics in his gallery thinking to myself, well, it would make the house look nice and then thinking of my girlfriends reaction LOL. Also, of course he's illustrated many a Late Medieval Osprey book.

      I'm not so familiar with the White Rose Armoury, so that link is of particular interest, especially page 2 of the gallery.

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. I also enjoyed a box of Perry loveliness this week. Some bits of bobs for HYW, WotR, Crusades....

    and Europeans...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments chaps- appreciated.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete