Wednesday, 6 August 2014

I Have Only This to Say, They're Here! (Well almost!!)

OK, this speaks for itself:


The vignette of the noble being helped on with his armour is an absolutely beautiful pieces of sculpting and reminds me of the vignette set a century earlier that the Perry's did for Foundry. I will of course be buying three boxes (that will keep my busy for a long time, but will allow me to construct Nobles for all my Late 15thC armies, English, Italian and French. I may as well add Burgundians too now!!) 

Can't wait to get my mittens on these at the end of the month!

Cheers,
Darrell.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to wait to get some :-(

    I won't begrudge you your enjoyment though and hopefully the 'light cavalry' will be out by the time I'm settled, so I can do the 'full hit'. :-)

    The vignette is indeed a must have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jim, all three (four?) of the Medieval Perry plastic boxes have me positively salivating! I really haven't felt like this since I was a little boy! :>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
    2. Oddly the last time I was so enthusiastic about a figure range was the original release of the then 'Citadel' Medievals (1984-ish?), or as we know them now; the 'Foundry' Wars of the Roses range... also sculpted by the Perrys!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it's crazy how grow men can get so excited about a range of miniatures! It's like waking up one Christmas to find that your parents have bought you a Ferari!! LOL :>D

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. They look good! Perhaps relatively quick to paint, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my guess having painted their plastic up before ala Darrell Hindley style would be no! Certainly not the miniatures with the tabards on as they would be prescribed the correct heraldry for who they represent.

      I guess that one could paint them a suitable metal colour, wash them down with black ink and add quick highlights etc- nothing wrong with that approach at all- it's just that I'm far too anal with Late Medieval miniatures to let that happen- lordy help me!! LOL :>)

      Delete